Celebration & Recognition: Acknowledging and valuing the contributions of women to the improvement, progress and growth of American Society
Acknowledges Achievement, Mentoring, Networking Invention, Creativity
- The contributions and achievements of women to the development and progress of communities and the nation are often overlooked.
- By sheer force of will and courage, women have shattered barriers, broken ceilings and overturned notions of limitations that were primarily based on gender.
- Women have made significant strides in science and technology, medicine, government, politics, and business... but there is more to be done.
- Through mentoring, women function as teachers and coaches to help others develop their full potential
- "The world cannot afford the loss of talents of half its people if we are to solve many of the problems which beset us." Rosalyn Sussman Yalow (1977)
- People and organizations must work together if progress is to be realized. "...The greatest challenge now is to find a way to keep independence while also committing ourselves to the ties that bind people, families and ultimately societies together." Jane O'Reilly (1980)
Celebration & Recognition Activities
- Provide leadership on issues and activities that advance issues important to women
- Maintain a directory and network of women's organization in Delaware
- Annually sponsor the Hall of Fame of Delaware Women Induction Ceremony and Dinner
- Annually encourage participation in "Take Our Daughters To Work Day"
- Annually sponsor the Delaware Women's Conference
Celebration & Recognition Strategic Plans
- Promote the achievement and accomplishments of women.
- Encourage and facilitate mentoring among girls, women and women's organizations
- Sponsor forums that foster strategic alliances